Every time we read an article online about taking a more analytical approach to deciding whether or not to buy a home, you’ll always get comments about how “personal” or “emotional” the decision is but if you’ve found this page, that’s not why you’re here. You’re looking for a “left brain” experience and you’re going to get it.
When analyzing a decision on a move, it’s important to know the variables, have all the tools and take the whole decision under consideration. It can be frustrating poking around all over the internet to find these facts, tools and calculators so we’ve done our best to collect them for you here. Ultimately, you want to calculate the true cost of homeownership but to get there, you must complete a fact finding mission via the following 5 steps:
- Find Your Market Rent using the widget below
- Find Your Neighborhood Appreciation Rate
- Calculate Your Market Mortgage Rate and Closing Costs
- Calculate Your Mortgage Insurance
- Calculate the True Cost of Renting vs. Owning
If you’ve gotten this far; congratulations, you’re a real do-it-yourselfer. And now that we know that, allow us to express our concern for your wellbeing. If you keep it up at this pace, you’re likely to consider trying to negotiate your own lease or mistakenly try to find you own home on some piece of junk website and we’d hate to see that. No, . . . if you’ve gotten this far it’s time to get thee to an excellent Realtor!
Charles Dailey – Branch Manager, Loan Officer, Certified Military Housing Specialist – CA DOC, MN DOC & WI DFI
The Home Buyers Scouting Report® is provided directly to the buyer by HBM II, a licensed national real estate brokerage service company, not to or through a lender. The FREE home finding service is provided directly to prospective homebuyers by HBM II and its real estate brokers, as part of their ordinary real estate brokerage services. HBM II, Inc. works cooperatively with other real estate agents across the United States in attempting to find ready, willing and able buyers for homes listed for sale. The role of the Preferred Loan Officer is to assist in determining a comfortable home price range for Home Buyers Marketing II, Inc. (HBM II) to use when it is searching for property listings within the buyer’s search criteria.
- Buying While Selling
- Buying beats renting in less than 2 years
- What Does Renewing Your Tabs in MN Have to Do With Buying a Home
- Why a Fed Rate Hike Won’t Affect Mortgage Rates in the Short Term
- Length of Self-Employment Mortgage Guidelines
- Think You’re Buying a Townhome/Rowhouse?….Think Again.
- How Underwriters View Owner Occupied Vs. Non-Owner Occupied Transactions
- A Deeper Examination of Schools Near Your Next Minnesota Home
- How to Refinance Your LLC Properties’ Mortgages into Your Own Name