Price Your Client
Will it Appraise?
There’s nothing that substitutes for a Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) prepared by a knowledgeable real estate professional. But the methodology of appraising a property is different from that of preparing a CMA.
A cursory view through the eye’s of an appraiser can be done using AVM’s or Automated Valuation Models. They are not as accurate as a CMA and are periodically totally wrong but often times, they can provide a ballpark figure. We recommend the following 3 free AVM providers:
For a more in depth analysis, email the address of the property in question to your iLoan loan officer for a more thorough investigation.
Lender Guidelines – create your own free account to search lender-specific guidelines
FNMA Seller’s Guide – search Fannie Mae guidelines by keyword
FHLMC Seller’s Guide – search Freddie Mac guidelines by keyword
FHA Guidelines – search FHA guidelines by keyword
FHA Mortgagee Letters – search through FHA’s mortgagee letters
VA Guidelines – search through VA guidelines
RD Guidelines – search through rural development guidelines
- A Deeper Examination of Schools Near Your Next Minnesota Home
- How to Refinance Your LLC Properties’ Mortgages into Your Own Name
- Long Term Mortgage Rate Forecast Going Into Winter Market
- Down Payment Assistance Programs in MN
- Fannie Mae Increases Down Payments on MyCommunity® and Standard Loans
- The FHA 1 Year Waiting Period After Short Sale, Bankruptcy or Foreclosure – Back to Work
- Planning Your Home Purchase With a Mortgage Recast
- Principles of Locking or Floating Your Mortgage Rate
- Tell a Veteran to Miss a Payment to Qualify for a Short Sale and You May be Up Against the CFPB
- The Only 10 Reasons a Lender Needs Tax Returns for a Fannie Mae Mortgage