|For those of you who are such industry dinosaurs that you remember how to do a FLEX 97 loan with Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance (LPMI), you’re in luck because, aside from 95% conventional with single premium financed mortgage insurance (SPMI), the time has come where this is the best high loan-to-value product for purchases. Soon, allowable seller concessions for FHA loans will be lowered from six percent to either four or three percent. When that happens, there will nearly no instance where FHA is superior to this loan product choice.
Take a 200000 dollar purchase for a buyer with a 720 credit score, market rates and compare it side by side with a FHA transaction with market rates:
In this scenario, the FHA loan is more expensive on a monthly basis to the tune of $136.66. Once upon a time (2008), there weren’t mortgage insurance companies insuring 97% financing and even now, some parts of the country won’t have access to this product due to mortgage insurance companies declining markets policies but Minnesota is a green light. To check your local market pricing, declining markets and underwriting guidelines, try the following links:
The reign of FHA by new rules and by market forces is slowly fading away. As it does, it will be conventional products like this that take its place.
(for a description of different mortgage insurance products available for the FLEX 97, see this article)
Charles Dailey – Branch Manager, Loan Officer, Certified Military Housing Specialist – CA DOC, MN DOC & WI DFI
The Home Buyers Scouting Report® is provided directly to the buyer by HBM II, a licensed national real estate brokerage service company, not to or through a lender. The FREE home finding service is provided directly to prospective homebuyers by HBM II and its real estate brokers, as part of their ordinary real estate brokerage services. HBM II, Inc. works cooperatively with other real estate agents across the United States in attempting to find ready, willing and able buyers for homes listed for sale. The role of the Preferred Loan Officer is to assist in determining a comfortable home price range for Home Buyers Marketing II, Inc. (HBM II) to use when it is searching for property listings within the buyer’s search criteria.
- What Does Renewing Your Tabs in MN Have to Do With Buying a Home
- Why a Fed Rate Hike Won’t Affect Mortgage Rates in the Short Term
- Long Term Mortgage Rate Forecast Going Into Winter Market
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Near Deal to Bring Back 3% Down Financing
- Top Three Reasons to Feel Good About Buying a Home in the Twin Cities
- Today’s Rate vs. Today’s Rates – Mortgage as a Second Language
- The iLoan Lock and Shop Program
- Fannie Mae Increases Down Payments on MyCommunity® and Standard Loans
- The FHA 1 Year Waiting Period After Short Sale, Bankruptcy or Foreclosure – Back to Work
- Planning Your Home Purchase With a Mortgage Recast